Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Ceremony Venue

As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, St. Jerome was really not our first choice. But it turned out ok na rin because what really matters is that Joe and I are finally married. senyum

My rating:xpasti (so-so)

I opted for St. Jerome because I wasn't into big churches. I wanted an intimate wedding and I didn't want to feel na aalog-alog kami sa church.jelir Look at the picture below. Mukhang puno naman di ba? kenyit

They were affordable also though they had an accredited florist and you just had to choose among their packages. We were aiming for simplicity so we just chose the basic arrangement plus I wanted the door to be decorated. Unfortunately, we were not able to clarify the closing of the door before the bridal march. With the arch of flowers, it was not possible to close the door. Syempre, we found out lang on the day itself na. I was just so happy I didn't care anymore. Pero sayang sana yung effect.

Some other problems that we encountered:

1) Strict with the dress code (I think if you will bring your won priest, pwede makalusot yung mga tube and spag strap dresses)- bawal daw sleeveless and mga revealing styles. I wasn't into wearing shrugs or boleros so we decided on an off-shoulder design. Initially, hindi din daw pwede yun! I almost broke down because my gown was almost finished at that time! Well, to the rescue ang aking ever reliable husband. He talked to the priest mismo and guess what! Yung priest pa mismo yung nagsabi sa akin na ok na daw yung gown ko. Ang galing talaga ni Joe! sengihnampakgigi

2) Minsan medyo masungit yung parish secretary - well pwede palagpasin yung mga comments nya so I will not elaborate on this anymore.

3) Soloist was so difficult to contact - I think her name was Sugar. Even our coordinator got stressed with her! Ang tagal niya sumagot sa email, texts and calls. When we finally got a hold of her, dagdag problema pa because hindi daw nila alam yung ibang songs na gusto ko. I didn't want to choose from their usual line up kasi common songs na plus wala namang significance sa amin ni Joe. My mother in law was able to find a back up but since it was a day before our wedding already, she wasn't able to study the songs na. sedih Yung bridal march ko tuloy and even the processional song were canned music. No one told me na ganun na nga. I guess they didn't want me to be stressed anymore.

Some more church pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment