Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Invites

My supplier reviews will be in no particular order. Kung sino na lang feel ko i-review at the moment. sengihnampakgigi

I'll start with our invites. We got ours from Alliana's Printshop in Recto. Here is the final product...



Joe and I spent one Sunday morning with Mommy and Ate Mayette (our coordinator) scouting for a good invitation supplier. I was thinking that prices in Recto would be so much cheaper. Well, there were designs that cost low but we didn't like the style or material that much. There were some shops that made invites comparable to those you see in malls but the prices don't differ that much anymore and we didn't want to spend a lot on our invites. Alliana's was actually recommended by Ate Mayette. Alliana's was able to make some nice invites for another client of Ate Mayette, hence the recommendation.

So what's my final verdict?

My rating: sedih

If they got everything right the first time, they would have passed my standards. Unfortunately, we had a page reprinted and we still had to pay for it. Our invites had 3 inserts: the main invite, the entourage page and the rsvp card. The main page was supposed to have a yellow border. When we saw the quality of the final product, Joe and I were so disappointed. They only pasted the main paper on the yellow border. It would have been ok if they were careful and if the finished product was clean and pulido. Since the main paper was pasted, bubbles formed and you could see that the sheet was not flat and may baku-bako! sedih The invites weren't fit to be distributed! I actually wanted to have a whole new set made! But no one would accept our order anymore because it was close to Christmas already and we wouldn't have time to distribute it in time for the wedding. We just decided to let go of the yellow border and just have simple lines printed as border. Joe said mas maganda pa daw lumabas. Well, it wasn't my first choice!

Here's a picture of the inserts.



Buti na lang maganda yung envelope jelir

I added another insert for the map. DIY na siya, made with MS Publisher.



For the names on the envelopes, since no one wanted to do it, I had it printed on white sticker paper. To make it look more elegant, I opted for a metallic gold border for the white sticker. I will post a picture if I can find a sample. senyum

If I had more time,I think I could have found more options on the net. So brides-to-be, scout and scout and scout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment