Wednesday, November 17, 2010

RSVP

When your wedding is on a weekday, friendship bonds (and even family ties) are tested. jelir

Of course, I originally wanted our wedding to be held on a weekend. Unfortunately, since we moved our wedding 9 months earlier, the available dates for the ceremony and reception venues were limited. We had to find venues (since we chose the south for our wedding, choices within our budget were limited also) that were available on the same date. We settled for January 28, 2010, which fell on a Thursday. Most people have work and will still have work the following day. I can't demand that family and friends take a leave just for my wedding but if they really love me, I know that I don't need to demand or ask even. kenyit

We were expecting quite a number to be present at our wedding because they said so. However, some who confirmed didn't make it. Some informed me on the day itself ( I'm still grateful for the advance notice but it was still too late to make changes anymore) but there were others who didn't inform me directly. I had to ask common friends why they were not there and for the others, I just assumed it was because of work.

At that time, I didn't really feel bad because I was just so happy I got married. But after a few weeks, I felt a bit sad about it. Nope, I'm not mad. Maybe a bit tampo (matampuhin pa naman ako jelir). My husband limited his invited guests so that he can give way to my guests. Tapos yun pala, hindi din naman pupunta. Baaaad!!!! Sayang. I felt bad for my hubby. sedih

I just wish people will learn to take the RSVP part seriously. If they need to change their reply for some reason, I hope they inform the person who invited them ASAP. I feel that it's a privilege to be invited to any event and it's just right to give a straight answer if you will be attending or not.

Ano nga ba ang RSVP?

The term RSVP comes from the French expression "répondez s'il vous plaît", meaning "please respond". If RSVP is written on an invitation it means the invited guest must tell the host whether or not they plan to attend the party. It does not mean to respond only if you're coming, and it does not mean respond only if you're not coming (the expression "regrets only" is reserved for that instance). It means the host needs a definite head count for the planned event, and needs it by the date specified on the invitation.
(http://entertaining.about.com/cs/etiquette/qt/tip122500.htm)


For us, the head count was very crucial. Our final venue depended on it. If we were expecting more than a certain number, we needed to move the event to the poolside area, which was what happened. Looking back, I think we could have made some adjustments so that we could fit inside the indoor venue, which was my first choice.

Well, I am still happy with those who came to our wedding. Na prove ko kung sino talaga ang may love sa akin! jelir I was so happy to see some faces I haven't seen in a long time and I am so thankful to everyone who made sacrifices just to be with me on my special day.

I still felt so loved!!! sengihnampakgigi

No comments:

Post a Comment